Monday 4 April 2016

Evaluation part 7- What have you learnt about technologies in the process?

Throughout the creation of our sequence we used many different methods in terms of capturing out footage and compiling and editing it all together. Firstly, we used the Go-Pro to capture some of the investigation wall shots. This was the first time any of us had used one so it was a good way of experimenting with different ways of filming. We used the head strap as a way of holding the Go-Pro as well as a Steady-cam and a tripod. However, we eventually decided to scrap the shots from the Go-Pro as we felt it gave a shaky effect that we didn't want in our sequence.


I also felt I learnt a bit about how to use the cameras supplied to us by the media department. Although I didn't actually do any of the cinematography I felt I learnt how to use the tripod to good effect and how to film from different shots and angles. Throughout our sequence we assigned roles to everyone in the group, although we were still free to help out each other regardless. Ghanshaym and Adam were our main cinematographers whilst Ghanshyam also was our main editor with myself as an assistant. Again I felt I learnt a lot from watching Ghanshyam and experimenting with different techniques such as filters, transitions and text. We felt the technical roles we assigned were suitable as Ghanshyam has had previous experience with both editing and using cameras and Adam also had experience with using the cameras to film.

No comments:

Post a Comment